Ingredients & Equipment(Serves 4 to 6 people)
Preparation Time: 3 ½ hours
- 1 kilo boneless beef short ribs, beef brisket, or beef stew meat (cut into 1½ inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive (or coconut oil or butter)
- 1 medium white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium tomato (or 1 tbsp tomato paste)
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled, could be smashed or minced)
- ½ cup tomato sauce or roasted salsa
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Maggi Magic Sarap
- 4 stalks of green beans (chopped into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (sliced and diced)
- ¼ cup parsley or cilantro (optional)
- *Oven-proof pot or dutch oven
- Pre-heat your oven to 300°F or 150°C. (Position your rack in the middle).
- In a large bowl, combine your beef cubes, chili powder, and salt—toss it all well. Set aside.
- Bring out your pot, and under medium heat, warm up your oil (in my case, I used butter). Toss in the onions and sauté them until translucent.
- Stir in your tomato (or tomato paste) and fry for 30 seconds. Toss in your garlic, as well as the seasoned beef cubes.
- Next, pour in the tomato sauce or salsa. Also add the chicken stock and fish sauce. For the sauce, I used the below:
- Add the Maggi Magic Sarap spice!
- Toss in the carrots and the green beans. Mix well and then bring to a boil.
- Now cover the pot and then put it inside the oven for 3 hours or until beef is tender. Once it is done to your liking, add some more spice if you deem it necessary. And then, there! You're done with your fork-tender beef! You can top the stew off with some parsley or cilantro.