Ingredients & Equipment(Serves 4 to 6 people)
Preparation Time: 3 ½ hours
- 1 kilo boneless beef short ribs, beef brisket, or beef stew meat (cut into 1½ inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive (or coconut oil or butter)
- 1 medium white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium tomato (or 1 tbsp tomato paste)
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled, could be smashed or minced)
- ½ cup tomato sauce or roasted salsa
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Maggi Magic Sarap
- 4 stalks of green beans (chopped into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (sliced and diced)
- ¼ cup parsley or cilantro (optional)
- *Oven-proof pot or dutch oven
- Pre-heat your oven to 300°F or 150°C. (Position your rack in the middle).
- In a large bowl, combine your beef cubes, chili powder, and salt—toss it all well. Set aside.
- Bring out your pot, and under medium heat, warm up your oil (in my case, I used butter). Toss in the onions and sauté them until translucent.
- Stir in your tomato (or tomato paste) and fry for 30 seconds. Toss in your garlic, as well as the seasoned beef cubes.
- Next, pour in the tomato sauce or salsa. Also add the chicken stock and fish sauce. For the sauce, I used the below:
- Add the Maggi Magic Sarap spice!
- Toss in the carrots and the green beans. Mix well and then bring to a boil.
- Now cover the pot and then put it inside the oven for 3 hours or until beef is tender. Once it is done to your liking, add some more spice if you deem it necessary. And then, there! You're done with your fork-tender beef! You can top the stew off with some parsley or cilantro.
Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and be notified about my newest posts and updates!