- Top of mind: fruits and vegetables are gold. If you can avoid having these stuff grilled, and have it fresh, then better.
- If you can get grass-fed ground beef, then great! (Go Paleo!)
- Sometimes a restaurant will have whole-wheat buns available. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
- You'll rarely come across a burger that has pesto as its spread, and it also sounds weird to pair it with a beef patty, right? WRONG. It actually tastes reaaaally good, and it's easy to prepare. I bet the restaurant will have it.
- Most likely it wouldn't happen, but if the shop has avocado spread or yogurt spread, TAKE IT. If cooking at home, MAKE IT.
- No to processed mayonnaise, BBQ sauces, ranch dressing, etc. etc. at all costs. If you really can't steer away from these 'tastes', then it's better than you just make homemade mayo or ketchup for yourself. (There's a lot of sodium, sugar, and non-healthy stuff in those jars).
- It's said that yellow mustard is the best one to take compared to store-bought mayo/ketchup.
Part 1 of 7 : Healthy Coffee Shop Choices
Part 2 of 7 : Healthy Frozen Yogurt Choices
Part 3 of 7 : Healthy Pancake/Waffle Toppers
Part 5 of 7 : Healthy Pizza Toppings...... SOON!!!