The M3 Adventure!For my first M3 adventure, I decided to try one of their four variants, the Lechon Paksiw!
FIRST STEP: Cut a half-kilo pork belly into small pieces (20mm x 30mm); of course this isn't provided with the product. LOL. And oh, NO NEED to prepare oil, garlic, onions, salt, vinegar, or the like... since the Maggi Magic Meal mix is already complete! If there's no pork belly, you can opt for skinless and boneless pork tenderloin.It is also recommended that you only put 1/2 kilo of pork, more than that and the dish might not achieve the desired taste that it should originally have.The pork must also be sliced small, don't put the whole of the pork in! Haha! Or else, the pork won't be cooked thoroughly. (Defrost the pork if necessary).
SECOND STEP: When you open the Maggi Magic Meal pack, you'll find this small folded plastic with a red tape over it. That's the Maggi Magic Bag! Carefully peel off the sticker and open it; place the pork inside this bag.No worries about this bag because it is made of 100% food grade polyester which is durable and can withstand heat, so it won't melt or burn inside the cooker later on or something! It is even approved for use by the US Food and Drug as well as Europe Directive, so this is not like any other plastics. NEVER EVER substitute ordinary plastic for this Maggi Magic Bag, and DON'T also reuse it! No need to also wash this bag since it's already clean even before they've packaged it!
THIRD STEP: Once the meat is in the bag, pull out the packet that contains the powder mix for the lechon paksiw. Pour this recipe mix in! Like I said above, NO NEED to add any other spices or seasoning since this powder mix is already a complete recipe!
FOURTH STEP: Add 1/4 cup (or 6 tablespoons) of water into the mixture inside the Maggi Magic Cooking Bag. It is not recommended to put more than 1/4 cup of water, BUT you can lessen the water if you want a thicker soup/sauce.
FIFTH STEP: Tie the Maggi Magic Cooking Bag by making a knot to tightly seal the bag. Remember to allow a space inside the bag so that later on, the ingredients may lay flat in the rice cooker. So yes, leave a pocket of air inside the bag; this is needed for proper heat and circulation.After tying it up in a knot, gently massage the bag to evenly mix the contents. (If the bag is punctured or torn accidentally or while massaging, empty all the contents into a pot and you can cook it there instead for 45mins). You can also prepare this mixture a night before to marinate the meat and put it in the refrigerator; but since this is chilled, please extend cooking time by 15mins to ensure that ingredients get cooked thoroughly.
SIXTH STEP: Wash your rice and put it in your rice cooker as you normally do; this won't affect the cooking of M3. And then, put the Maggi Magic Cooking Bag on top of your rice inside the rice cooker and then cover it!You can use a pot instead of a rice cooker and the cooking time will remain to be 45 minutes. NEVER use a microwave to cook the Maggi Magic Meal. And DON'T cook the rice inside the Maggi Magic Cooking Bag; rice should be cooked inside the rice cooker.
LAST STEP: Cook everything in your rice cooker or pot for only 45 minutes! Now the beauty of M3 is that you don't need to check if it's already cooked; it has been tried and tested that within 45 minutes, it will cook! (...given that the meat slices are of required small size).Ensure that the rice cooker or pot is covered all throughout the cooking time so the ingredients get cooked thoroughly. You can extend the cooking time (especially if you have marinated and chilled the meat and mixture), but other than that, extending the time might overcook the meat or vegetables that you might want to mix in.
FINAL PRODUCT: DIVINE TASTING LECHON PAKSIW! LOL! But seriously, I can't believe I could whip up a dish like this in just 45 minutes! I can now pack some lunch for work without doing any of those cooking thingamajigs! And of course, there was no need for me to cook my rice and viand separately; I can cook them both all at the same time!
- How much is the Product?- Only P35.00! (SRP)
- What are the variants?- Afritada, Bicol Express, Chicken Pastel and Lechon Paksiw
- How many people can 1 pack serve?- The pack, with ½ kilo of meat and the vegetables will serve 4-5.
- Are there preservatives in the mix?- Only natural preservatives such as sugar and salt.
- What if I only want to cook the viand? Can I cook without rice in the rice cooker or pot?- Yes you can! Just put water inside the pot and place the bag.
- Can I just cook the viand and mix in a pot without the cooking bag?- Yes, but it is recommended to cook the viand and mix along with the bag to maximize the product's benefit.
- How can the meat be cooked inside in this way?- Meat gets cooked by convection through the heat of the water while you're cooking your rice as well as through the steam that the Maggi Bag captures.
- For the chicken meat in the other variants (Afritada and Chicken Pastel) what type of chicken can I use?- You can use chicken pieces or chicken tenders.
- Can I use fish or seafood instead?- Yes, cooking time will still be 45 minutes but just be careful when massaging since the fins or bones of the seafood may puncture the bag.
- Can I use beef, goat, or other red meat?- Using other kinds of meat may not bring out the best result.
- Can I cook more than 1 M3 Cooking Bag inside the rice cooker or pot at the same time?- It's recommended to cook only one bag at a time; but if your rice cooker or pot is big, it is possible to put more than one bag as long as the bags have proper contact with the boiling water.