Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Business Hours:SUN - THUR: 11AM to 10PM
FRI - SAT: 11AM to 11PM
Phone: (02) 804-1889 or (63)917-323-2845
Type: Pastry Shop
Budget: Php 200↑
Payment: Cash or Credit Card
You can go as small or as large as you wish to when making macarons. However, as per the norm, a perfect macaron should be no larger than 2 inches: so yes, they shouldn't be too small or too big. The smallest you could go is an inch (a size of a quarter). Too large macarons are not ideal since it makes the center sticky and the outer shell too crunchy. And when it's too small, it wouldn't reflect the texture of a signature macaron.SOURCE: New York Serious Eats.
- Earl Grey: it was true to its name, the tea flavor was subtle but enough to give you that sensation as if you're having earl grey tea but in solid form.
- Dark Chocolate: this was one of Chez Karine's top-3 best sellers. No wonder about that because the taste was definitely rich and murky.
- Strawberry: this had a strong burst of Strawberry flavor that it reminded me of certain candies from my childhood.
- Salted Caramel: I've had my fair share of salted caramel flavor back in Bar Dolci and I really didn't like that kind of taste; but for salted caramel aficionados, it was a hit! So I guess it's one of those 'acquired taste' kind of food. Chez Karine's salted caramel macaron however was mild to the taste (which I liked!), so I don't thnk the hardcore salted-caramel fans would go gaga over this.
- Lemon: like how any lemon-flavored dessert should be, tangy and tart.
- Milk Chocolate Passionfruit: passionfruit is not a common flavor for us Filipinos, but this flavor could make you addicted to it! Each bite welcomes you to that chocolatey taste, followed by the unique fruity kick of the passionfruit.
- Pistachio: this was very refreshing! What you see and what you read is absolutely what you'll taste!
'Macaron' and 'Macaroons' are entirely different. Macaron is a dome-shaped biscuit with a shell often made with egg whites and filled with chewy ganache filling. Whereas a Macaroon is a small meringue cake, typically made of coconut.
chocolate biscuit, and flaky almond praline crust
» Want to see how the inside of these entremets look like? [ Click here! ]
As of July 2012 : [ click to see menu ]